Sunday 15 February 2015

I really need to update more often!

My last update was in May last year.  I'm intending to update my blog here more regularly.  I've been doing of writing but not much as I'd like to my husband's health problems and some of my own.  I had a problem for years that caused difficulty walking and it turned out that it was a medication causing it. If only I'd known sooner.  

When health problems aren't in the way I will be doing a lot more writing.  I'm slowly finishing the novella I'm currently working on called 'Minira the Enchanter.' I've also started studying in the past few months.  I'll be spending at least 3 years doing courses about writing.  The reason for this is because I don't want the risk of my novels not doing well.  I've read a fair few books about writing over the years and didn't feel that was enough.  I felt I needed some sort of education.  I'm glad I've written novels before so I've got something to work with when learning about novel writing.

When this novella is finished I'll be spending a much needed month on my course, then I'll be going back to the second book in the main series 'The Frozen Danastri.' I'm only 10% of the way through that and it's a much larger book.

In my spare time, when I'm not writing I've been doing a lot of new art and that is noticeable with my website.  There is also a lot more I've yet to upload.  I've been trying a lot of new things with my art and not always illustrating my novels.

I'm having a lot of difficulty having patience with my writing.  I can't wait until I get to publish it all.  But I need to finish the course and then go back and edit my work.

I'll hopefully be posting again in a few days time.  Remember to check the word count progress in that bar on the right.  I've also added it to my website. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment